(Below is a copy of an occasional Propllr startup email. Like what you see? Subscribe here.)
Happy Post-Independence Day!
Can you believe we’re halfway to 2016?
Below is the latest in our occasional series on startup-related items that we hope interest/entertain/inform you – enjoy.
Some startup PR thoughts and advice…
- We took a look at Micheline Travel Guides and learned a few things about content marketing.
- PItching doesn’t have to be difficult, it just needs to be smart.
The interweb has lessons for startup founders…
- Sometimes quick thinking and agility is all it takes.
- It’s great to have passionate fans, but maybe keep them out of your photo opps.
- There’s a lot to emulate about Uber, but not this.
- Data rocks. Data visualization is better.
What we’re fixated on…
- Mark’s apartment has no attic, but this movie has him looking for secret rooms.
- Betsy loves the Jurrassic kid’s Twitter feed – few know what he knows.
- Josh finally figured out what QR codes were good for (it’s not good).
- Jeff (yeah, the new guy) likes the use of puns for a good cause (hopefully no “tickals” promotion next year).
Some new clients…
- The Medical Memory makes it easy for doctors to record videos of patient visits with a secure website that allows patients to view those videos and share them with loved ones and other healthcare providers or caregivers.
- LISNR, a member of the 2015 CNBC Disruptor 50 and winner of the 2015 Gold Cannes Lion, is the award-winning, venture-backed creator of Smart Tones, a new communications standard that can turn any speaker into a beacon capable of sending rich content to any device over great distances.
- Whittl helps people get their to-do’s done, with an app and website that makes it easy and convenient to find, compare and book appointments with high quality neighborhood businesses.
A great group we support…
- WINGS is creating a society in which every domestic violence survivor has a voice and the resources to break the cycle of domestic violence. Why not make a donation today?
A sampling of recent client placements…
- Whittl Picks Up a Chicago-Style $3.3m Series A. Whittl in TechCrunch.
- 4 Every Day Habits That Can Cripple Your Business. Insureon in Inc.
- BofA Merrill Taps EESAT for Complex Order Book Access. EESAT in Wall Street Letter.
- Take a Spin Around Reverb’s On-key Office Space. Reverb.com in Chicago Tribune.
- LISNR Lures Exec from One of America’s Largest Music Tech Firms. LISNR in Cincinnati Business Courier.
- FinTech’s Forgotten Markets. Barchart in TechCrunch.
- 5 Tips for New Renters This Summer. Effective Coverage in Housing Wire.
- Bringing Life Insurance Back. Quotacy in Forbes.
- Health IT a Key Challenge for Provider-Owned Plans. Aldera in Modern Healthcare.
- Surgeon Entrepreneur Develops Video Replay for Specialists. The Medical Memory in MedCity News.
As always, if you don’t want to receive these emails in the future, just let me know and I’ll take care of it personally – you deserve better than an email robot chimp!
Until next time,